Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Dental Hell

I have never been afraid of the dentist. Never worried when they drilled and filled. Never shuddered when they extracted a wisdom tooth that was infected(yuk). Flash forward to now and it is a totally different story. Last time I had a check up my dentists started talking about why one of my wisdom teeth hadn't come though and it seemed that it was impacting on the back molar. Freak out. It must have been a reflection on my mental state at the time, but I just couldn't face having a tooth ferociously ripped from my gums. Those evil dentists are trying to kill me........ I went running scared and haven't seen a dentist for more than two years. Around that time I started seeing a chiropractor for some serious spinal work. The pain was debilitating to say the least and for those unaware of the chiropractic world they are not dissimilar to dentists. Evil, back braking masters of fear. Anyway I had my back x-rayed, not so bad until the fear master walks out with a glint of insanity in his eyes saying my wisdom tooth was clearly growing sideways into my back molar. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. Serious freakout! Slowly melt my fearful memories into a dark cob wed filled filling cabinet in the back of my mind. Marked scary dental and chiropractic images. Ignorance is bliss in this instance.
It brings me to now though and I know I need to visit the dentist. I can't let my other teeth suffer just because of one tooth who never received a roadmap. So here it goes do I make yet another dental appointment only to miss it. Or do I rise up and cross one more thing of my New Years Resolutions. Face my fears I shall.

P.S. I do highly recommend Dr Scott Campbell-Lloyd at my entire family have been regulars at the clinic since the 80's. I think that says something!

No comments:

Post a Comment