Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Great Park Discoveries

On a cold wintery day my kids and I ventured outside. We were all rugged up and were on an adventure to a new park. Yippee! The energy was high and we were excited. We were going to meet our best mates Amanda, Emily and Sophie for morning tea. They discovered the park a while back and had described in detail all the fantastic climbing rope frames, different types of swings, an enormous jungle gym with lightning fast slides, cubby houses, a conveyer belt digging station... I could go on and on. We just had to go.
The weather was windy and cold but the playground was so much fun it didn't matter. I find the best way to warm up is a good game of hide and seek with a dash or swinging for good measure. I love pushing kids on swings and I love swinging on swings even more.
I am reasonably new to the Wanneroo districts. And I would never have found this park if it wasn't for Amanda's recommendation. I am grateful I did. And everyone in the northern suburbs should give Rotarty Park on Senic Drive Wanneroo a visit. I is well worth it. Even if you don't have kids you can bike around the lake and enjoy the bbqs.
There is a great website written by a family of park lovers who list all the great parks in Perth called acoffeeinthepark.com. If you are to like me and love discovering new places for a picnic and a play with the kids check it out. My other favourites are Fawlkner Park in Belmont, Jackadder Lake in Woodlands, Heathcote Reserve, Braithwaite Park in Mt Hawthorne and Sir James Macusker Park near us in Iluka. This weekend we will see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment